My office (of sorts)

After working out of the friendly neighbourhood Coffee Day for 7 months, I've finally started working out of my own office. Well, it is a co-working space but wow! coming back to an office like set-up was amazing.

Firstly, choosing to go with a co-working space was a big relief. No hefty deposit, plug and play bliss, no hassles of payment of utility bills / managing house keeping stuff /running around if anything goes down. There are lots of options out there, I was blown away to find multiple options at each of three different locations I was considering. Unless you have some security concerns, either physical or data, this is the best way to start off.

Secondly, it brought a lot of focus in work. No argument with myself whether I need to go to the cafe or not. Now I have a space of my own and its already paid for so I can head there in the morning or after meetings and use it. I realised it also establishes a domain. I've already started scouted out the stationary shop, courier office and of course the grocery store to fulfil the home errands.

A co-working space also gives me the flexibility to add and drop workstations with a short notice. I'm thinking that when I take a dedicated office space in the future, I will ensure there is a co-owrking space in the vicinity so I can continue the flexibility of keeping work stations without disturbing the core team.

In favour of working out of a cafe, it's marginally cheaper and the coffee is better so until you make enough revenue to also manage office rent, keep sipping away and stay away from those calories adding food stuff.


Comments